Always make sure your video content is connected to your brand; consider it an extension of your brand. Also advertisers are extremely interested in video but want to make sure they’re engaging consumers; engagement within the video itself. If a video comes off as advertorial, it’s not viewed in the same way.
Another a good way to lose viewers is to ask them to watch low-definition or stalled videos. Make sure that high quality is automatic and your video player fits to the look and feel of your site.
Understanding and implementing search engine optimization (SEO) in the right way is imperative to successful online video streaming. Viewers are going to find content primarily through search engines. When you optimize pages you help those search engines direct viewers to you. Video SEO can be a lot of work, but the rewards are worth it. You’ll benefit from not only more traffic, but from viewers spending more time on your site.
Another great way to get your videos in front of people is YouTube, but try to get interested viewers to come over to your site where you can control the entire experience. Also syndicate your videos on third party sites when you can, but be sure to offer viewers an easy way to jump to your site to see your video library.
Additionally if you think only a small percentage of your audience are viewing your videos on mobile devices bear in mind that the general consensus currently predicts that within five years more videos will be watched on mobile devices than traditional computers. Find a solution that streams to the major mobile platforms as well as connected TVs and set-top boxes as it will be very beneficial.
- Minimize camera motion with a tripod
- Minimize subject motion
- Good lighting and audio
- Use a simple background
- Avoid camera pans and zooms
- Use professional equipment
- Use a digital format
- Movies optimized for the web should be short in duration, small in dimension and optimized with the appropriate codec
- Minimize noise editing and unnecessary frames and add titles and effects
- Crop the fuzzy edges
- Reduce video noise (with filters)
- Adjust contrast
- Adjust ganma level (for cross- platform viewing)
- Restore black and white
- Keep it short as more than half of viewers drop off after the second minute, so keep it short and punchy
- The episode should stand alone
- Educate: make sure your videos are educational/ informative.
To find out more attend Flumotion’s live webinar series.